View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 01:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salavee View Post
WoW ! You really have things figured out.

If you find time, try some of this stuff in the real world and let us know how it goes.
Just how i shop/compare, chances i'd shoot a deer at 600 with a grendel very slim lol, coyotes yes, the theoretical is all there and that's simply how i shop a new build to compare one to the next, that's all. A friend just bought a 28 nosler, likely not shoot past 600 and probably still kill like the rest of us at 350 or less, but he's talking about shooting the super high bc stuff at rediculous speeds, the theoretical goes so far i can't imagine lol. He likes overkill, big booms and that's just his style, nothing wrong with that. Apparently he wants to make sure he can hit them harder at 500 than a 300 win mag at the muzzle lol. I have a 520 yrd deer and a 620 yrd coyote on dial ups with a .270 set up and a .270 wsm set up, but stick to traditional ranges almost always, i don't look for long range opportunities but will take advantage once in a blue moon, like to set up for potential but never use it. 99% of my big game lands under 300 so not a biggie what i choose really. Nice to know the maximum potentials though and be set up for it, like to do thorough job in set up. Every now and then you have to finish something and i always like to be able to dial up a hung coyote no matter the rig i'm carrying. Oh, and i'm straight up a ballistics nerd, proud of it.