View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 10:48 AM

Default Father/young son hunting Partner

I am a family man (47) looking for a responsible ( I am a lawyer) similar type of individual who has a son/daughter similar to my son's age, 8, to go hunting with on the occasional Saturdays and/ or Sundays. My son enjoys shooting our 410 at hanging clays, under strict supervision. I am very busy with work and personal life and am simply looking to meet one or two like minded indiviuduals in like circumstances with similar values to hunt with in the field.

I have hunted since I was young (though I am just getting back into it as my son is now old enough to attend with me in the field) and I am very experienced with waterfowl and upland game hunting which is my principal focus although I have hunted big game in the past.

I prefer a hunting partner who has alot of experience in the field and with firearms and knows safety very well and has a lot of common sense. I am simply not interested in training someone, and as I say, proper field safety of the hunters and youth including the use (carrying it in the field, unloading, checking it, storage of ammunition, placement of the shooters etc.) of the shotgun is critical; first and foremost. I have zero tolerance for the misuse of a firearm under any circumstances in the field or anywhere and that's the way I am teaching my son.

If my standards sound too high; then I am not for you.

I have over 150 geese and duck decoys, vehicle, and access to land south of Calgary.