View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Andersen View Post
Barry was a great guy and he cared. His legacy of things he accomplished is evident up and down the Eastern Slopes.
What is truly unfortunate, many focus on the places to go when the chapters on fish biology, I believe, are the real impact of the book.
It is really too bad that the book has become a collectors item rather than the educational tool.
Barry and I spent many a day together exploring Alberta. Sometimes we even caught fish.
I missed him a lot and most importantly, so does our trout resources.

Regards,

Don
I got my copy a couple of years ago, paid up and its now a treasure. I enjoy the where to and how to, but the fish biology sections are the best in my opinion.

Back in the late 80's early 90's there was a business in Red Deer called Just Fishin. In the back of the store there was a wood stove and an assortment of sofas, magazines etc., a real cool place to hang out. I recall being there when Barry was there along with Bob Scammell oh how the stories would be told. I'm not certain it was coffee in those cups, but it was a good time. Bob took me on my first trip to the North Raven, as a 30 something just getting in to fly fishing I was in awe. I learned a lot about fishing from these two and others that would frequent that store.

It was a sad day when Just Fishin closed the doors. When I read my book it takes me back to that alcove at the back of the store and a time before all this nonsense.

BW