View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fargineyesore View Post
If I'm not mistaken, the areas around Pigeon and Wizard Lake is mostly private land is it not? That would be an issue of trespassing. Deal with trespassers same as any other trespasser should be.

But don't try to use that as a reason to ban ATVs, or you can use the same argument that hunting should be banned because of hunters that trespass, which we know is rampant in hunting season.

The reasons for the proposed bans do not pass the smell test.
Most sensible response I've seen from you yet.

The reasons for the proposed bans, outrage and people wanting and seeking it are for very similar reasons. Castle area, same thing. Other areas will follow. It is about time the general population, not just anglers, did something about this problem. Obviously the "good" ATVers or "responsible" ones you refer to have had no success or luck in trying to change the "bad" ones you refer to. So it only makes sense to me that others step and make this happen. About "fargin" time too.

As for Wizard and Pigeon, yep, private. The idiotic argument from ATVers is the creek land that runs through them is crown land and public. What is idiotic is that they must cross private land to do so. So what do they do? They find the quietest area and cut a swath, including fences and make their own path over private land. Then, others follow it. And, hordes and hordes of them. Thousands in fact. What happens when they are confronted on private property? "I didn't know..., I thought it was okay and public...". Or my fav "I've seen others do it and we aren't wrecking anything...". I've had many conversations with ATVers - thousands of conversations - within sight and even next to or under no trespassing signs. What about the fences they the ride by and over that someone else has busted through. Would that not be a clue?

So when I say many or majority, this is where I'm coming from. My experiences and not to mention each of my neighbors and other area I've visited to see what is happening with residents there.

Do you get it?