View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schleprock View Post
x2 on the unload and load it on the grass. Had to do it the first time when my weather rotted winch strap broke and my boat rolled of the trailer while I was slowly going uphill from the launch. I had recently sandblasted and painted the trailer and forgot to reinstall the new safety chain. The boat was also newly painted and luckily it never left any marks. More importantly, there wasn't anybody around to witness the event. Seeing that there wasn't any damage and the boat loaded up so easily, I did it another time on purpose with a different boat when upgrading trailers.

Lmao. Yes the embarrassment is often the worst part. I once had my 5th wheel travel trailer drop a few inches from the hitch cause I was scatter brained.
Luckily I had firewood behind the hitch, and enough of it that the trailer only dropped say 6”. Yet it was loud enough that the people next to me all stopped and stared. I mildly tried to act like I did it intentionally (for some reason), and wasn’t surprised. lol.
Did your boat slide off on a road? That’s awesome there wasn’t any scratches. The second I was done painting my boat, I thought “Great, now I have to worry about scratches”. Guess what scratches look like on a black boat with light grey primer or shiny aluminum underneath? I’m tempted to just glue a hundred fenders to the hull.