View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
If all you want to do is switch trailers, roll the boat off onto the grass, wind it back onto the new trailer. No need for a launch. I have done this with boats up to 22 feet, Fiberglas with 300 horse on the back and it works fine assuming you are using roller bunk trailers. Never tried it with flat bunks.

Your the second person to suggest this, and despite how concerned I was, I did it. My concern was the boat rolling on its side.
I put 2 tires, one on rim with pressure the one on top just rubber, on either corner. The trailer has bogey rollers so there’s no room at the back.
I used the winch to control the tilt (tilt trailer), then anchored the boat from behind and pulled ahead slowly, stopping often to check. When retrieving with that trailer I never backed in far, and would crank it up most of the way, so I knew how well it would slide off.
when it was as far back as it could go, I put 2 bare tires stacked under the hull, about console level, and a jack stand with some bluejean material to avoid scratches. It stayed right where it was and I just backed up the roller trailer under it. Winched it the rest of the way when it sat down on the front rollers.
thanks for the tips guys.