View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post
I heard that the best for lynx is a whole beaver tied to a tree in a cubby set. This way you can get fox that want it as well and it smells a lot more than a small chunk of bait.

I plan on going on a muskrat trapping spree for a few days this fall and will just use muskrat carcasses. Chop them in half and I should be good for 2 bait stations I figure. It won't take long to catch a hundred or so rats. I want to run 100 marten sets as well but not sur if I will be able to have the time to explore my line enough to get that many out. I should be able to get 50 out at least I hope to make it worth while.

I also got to figure out where my wolves are. I figure I will put out one maybe 2 bait sites for wolves this year and try to figure things out for next year season and go after them a bit more then.
I do rot a couple big beaver for wolf sets, after you find an area with lots of wolves passing through pick an area with fairly thick bush and hang the beaver high up in a tree then set at least 50 snares all around it.