View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lannie View Post
I think the thread had been going well and a lot of good information is being posted where we can see other's point of view etc. Learn a little, try to be open minded and maybe even come up with some viable solutions to problems that keep surfacing. I do not want to see the thread closed or anybody else to be banned.
Flint you have some great input in many areas with a lot of expierience in many facets of outdoor pursuit. I am not saying anything to personally offend you but..... calling others on here bigots or any other names is totally un called for and does nothing constructive for the rest of us. The history of the treaties is important as we need to understand the past to protect the future. Everybody's expierience with the past is part of the problem/solution for the future.
Play nice.
I totally agree. this thread has been going pretty good. But when people like Flint start falsely accusing people the thread de-rails in a hurry. No one is being racist just throwing out ideas. IMO the treatys have their purpose to an extent. But like all things change so should the treaty's. A lot has changed since they were signed and should be reviewed. I agree with their ability to hunt for their own sustinence but there should be limitations. Back when there were not any laws around hunting the white man just about whiped out most of the wild game. Thus, conservation groups were born. As things have changed so has our laws. We are continually evolving which is the human way. It is the selfish actions of a few (poachers) that give us a bad name. Same as with the natives. A vast majority will respect the land but the ones who abuse the system give the rest a bad name. I think that with the political correctness of todays society there is not a politician that will stick his/her neck out to solve the problem. IMHO the change must come from within the reserves. Those that respect nature must step up and reckognize the need to evolve their practices. until that happens, it will be a mud slinging fest between both sides.