Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2020, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
If you are interested in acquiring another line your previous experience will certainly be considered.

However, in recent years many lines have been taken over by people with little previous experience but deep pockets.

My line was one of those. I turned it over to a neighbor with many years of trapping experience and tons of equipment.
He promptly sold it to a cop from Calgary for ten times what the improvement were worth. The new owner uses it as a private hunting reserve and leases out the trapping rights. He doesn't trap and never has.

Most of the lines in this area have gone the same way. They are now private hunting preserves for people with deep pockets.

It's not supposed to happen but with one CO covering several thousand square miles of inaccessible country, there is no way to stop it from happening under the present rules.

The bottom line is, if you want to trap you best stick to private land if you don't have very deep pockets.
I wonder what percentage of lines are actually used for their intended purpose as opposed to used for just a hunting or recreational cabin in the bush.