View Single Post
Old 10-26-2021, 09:11 PM

Sorry. I wasn't very clear. I know how to install a scope. When I bought the rifle I also bought a set of Talley one piece mounts. I then took it home, installed the mounts to spec and dropped in a Leupold I had lying around until I could get the Zeiss I wanted. I saw that the Zeiss was in stock so I ordered it shipped to where I am. Now I wasn't planning on installing a scope this trip so didn't pack my torque driver.

I didn't feel like driving 5 hours to go get it so I thought I would get the local store to do it. Yes, I know you can do German Spec (gudentite) but with a scope worth that much I just prefer to do it proper. Literally, all that would be involved is remove the top rings, take old scope out, check the torque on bases, drop new scope in, reinstall top rings, level and torque to spec.

If it's your policy to not do it I can accept that. If you want to make an exception, I appreciate it. But to try and charge me a Smith's full hour rate I guess just seemed insane to me. As was said, that is well with in his rights; if I don't like it I can leave so I did. Honestly, unless I my tackle box falls overboard I doubt I will be spending too much money there anytime soon.