View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
That's not completely true, shooting heavier density shells like tungsten or bismuth will give you a higher energy at a longer range. That doesn't mean your gonna kill more though, that all depends on the shooter. Add in times where you kill a bird with one shot instead of needing two shells and you can kill more birds hypothetically. I still buy cheap shells that are on sale though as its too expensive to spend that kind of money on shells for the amount of shooting that I do
Only cuz I hunt with Elk, I am pretty sure he was referring to steel shot. Dang those designer shotshells you mention can get expensive.[/QUOTE]

All tungsten or Bismuth loads will provide a bit more range , or will let you use a size smaller shot for a denser pattern, but the cost is extreme. And if you are going to kill birds farther with those loads, you still need to place the pattern on them, so instead of spending three times as much on ammunition, you would likely be farther ahead to spend the extra cash on shooting skeet or sporting clays .