Thread: Bear lick baits
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2017, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the pilot cock View Post
I'm planning on doing all the usual stuff. Going to have barrels with oats and deep fryer oil, meat scraps etc. I found a kids pool toy called a Max Liquidator that is basically a big NERF syringe. You can suck it full of fryer oil and then shoot it way up into the trees. Once the scent is up 20 feet the wind takes it everywhere. My intent with the suckers is to have something that lasts a long time so if the barrels run empty on Thursday and I can't refill them till Saturday, they haven't gone looking for someone else's bait in those few days. A few guys have told me that in some areas the suckers will be the main event. I'm sure there are bears that will use them as more secondary. I think they will work good and last a long time. Thanks for all the comments. I'm having fun experimenting!
Well, I have no bear baiting or even bear hunting experience, but I'm impressed with your efforts! Seems like it should work well though - especially since you're using a variety of baits.

In particular I'm impressed that: you're making the bear bait yourself, you're being methodical and working the process so you'll definitely find something that works, how much effort you're putting into it, and that you shared what you found with all of us.

Hoping to see a picture of a nice 🐻 on your thread soon!