View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 11:39 AM

I agree that it would be nice if the Canadian Gov't collected and presented more detailed statistics on the firearms matter, but I think the current leadership has no motivation to do so because they prefer to lump the larger numbers together to quell fear rather than to actually get to the root of the matter and find the most effective solutions that don't interfere with law-abiding citizens rights.

I prefer a fact based debate to screaming hysteria any day of the week, its just that its getting difficult to find someone with an opposing viewpoint who will even consider listening to an informed perspective that proves them to be factually incorrect. I would rather have my stance based on accurate data than fabricated scare tactics and cherry picked, manipulated figures. If better data crosses my radar it has this curious effect of changing my perspective and occasionally my entire outlook. Facts matter.