View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Don't worry, JD. Elk and I get into it all the time. I give it to him and he gives it to me right back. He's got skin as thick as an alligator anyhow. You ought to hear us yelling at each other out of our goose blinds. LOL.

Conservatives lost the damn election because they are caught in the quagmire of their rigid past. They elected a leader who had the charisma of a clam, and is a social conservative. I am also a social conservative. I am a dinosaur. However, church and state should be completely separate. If you can't march in a gay pride parade, don't run for leader of the country. A leader has to lead everyone and not demonize any particular group.

People in Ontario go to work, earn a paycheque, and have to balance their books just like we do in the west. They are not against fiscal sanity. What they are against is a party with a socially conservative agenda (real or imagined). Ontario has elected Conservatives before, and they will again, if they choose the right one. They also need to clean house by getting a real team of political strategists, because the ones they have now are utter failures.

I will go to my grave believing Scheer and the Conservatives lost that election as opposed to JT winning it.

Michelle Rempel for leader is my hope.
I totally agree about the conservatives losing the election. Trudeau was at the weakest point any “leader” could be and the damned conservatives didn’t go for the jugular.