View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Bullets kill by creating a wound channel through the vitals that causes massive hemorrhaging.The volume of the wound channel through the vitals is the important factor.A bullet that leaves a short wide wound channel won't kill any better than one that leaves a longer narrower wound channel,if the wound channel volume in the vitals is the same.

Bullets such as the TTSX and TSX don't expand quite as quickly as a Ballistic Tip,but they usually leave a longer wound channel,even though it may be smaller in diameter.

As for bullets that supposedly don't expand at all until they have passed through a few inches of tissue,and then suddenly expand violently in the vitals,it just doesn't happen that way.There is no magic bullet that passes through the hide and ribs or shoulders,without any expansion,then suddenly goes off like a bomb when it reaches the vitals.All bullets will start to expand on first contact with the animal,but it is the rate of expansion that varies from bullet to bullet.You can read all of the advertising you like,and look at videos on a manufacturers site,but I will continue to judge bullets by the results on game that I have seen for myself.I have killed dozens of big game animals with Partitions and Ballistic tips,and on average Ballistic tips do provide more tissue damage and quicker kills,but recently ,we have taken a fair number of big game animals with the TSX,TTSX,and MRX,and the results were very impressive.They provide very good expansion with very good penetration,and in my opinion are just as effective as the Nosler bullets on lung shots,but they provide better penetration if they hit large bone.For that reason,I know hunt big game using only the TTSX bullet.

You a Killer ???? Elk Hunter?