View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 06:56 PM

The irony is pretty thick there, this almost sounds like an article from The Onion! I'm basing this on the fact that Whistler only exists at all because of abundant affordable energy, were it not for Canadians having built themselves into a first world 'have' nation we would never have been able to build Whistler; everything from the road to get there to the buildings to the food and waste being trucked in and out of the place. The entire facility relies on everything being shipped to it, they are self-sufficient for pretty much nothing save for the scenery. The reason that Whistler was built at all was strictly for leisure activities, being that the leisure activities they provide are very carbon intensive I propose that Whistler be closed, the buildings razed, the land restored, the road to it torn up & covered with boulders dynamited from the mountainsides and the place unincorporated as a political entity. Whistler is an entirely unnecessary blight on the environment. That plus it has a murderous luge track, that thing is as dangerous as an unregistered handgun!