View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 11:51 PM

Started fishing graphite and went through a St Croix Imperial and a few Redington CT rods before cluing in that glass rods had the feel I was looking for both while casting and with a fish on.

Most of my fishing now is with the Orvis Superfine Glass 476. LOVE that rod for dries or little nymphs.

Streamer chucking is done with an Epic 686 I built a little over a year ago.

I have a lineup of Eagleclaw Featherlite rods that are handy for loaners or for the kids or myself if I'm going somewhere prone to falling and breaking rods. Decent rods and can't beat the price.

I have 3 other blanks to build up, hopefully for this season, but need to finish my house chores first. 2 are vintage blanks, a Browning Silaflex 322975 (7'6" #6) and another that I'm quite certain is a Fisher blank built for another company like Winston or Hardy but it's not labeled. I think it will end up being a #5/6 and is 8'. The last blank is an Ijuin Yomogi 7' #3.

I live in Crowsnest Pass and find myself a little under gunned by the wind from time to time but the Epic 686 has some good punch and is still quite delicate for dries being that it's a glass rod.

I spend far too much time on the Fiberglass Flyrodders forum and following the Fiberglass Manifesto blog.

Would be fun to meet up with some other glass geeks!

Interested to see some pics of that Kenney rod!