View Single Post
Old 06-27-2019, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aulrich View Post
I have been on a site during a release a couple of times, The worst I have seen is folks moving in after the truck has moved to another spot. But what is more telling is once the word gets out that the truck has stopped by there are way more hunters on the site(less than an hour) and on some sites like hopewell the cover is so bad and the hunter count is so high the birds are gone in hours.

Oddly though over the years I have ran into few coyote/owl leftovers
I have seen at least 25 trucks out at one time in Hopewell, hunters are about 100 yrds apart and shooting towards each other. Witness a fight break out as one guy was hit with pellets not penetrating the skin. Enough to make him made and the dogs were going at it. It was a ****show for sure. besides being really soggy.
The lady that owns the house next to it is beside herself with people shooting towards her house as she has large bushes parallel to the release site. That is why there are many signs there now reminding people about the house rule rule and distance. It wasn't a release site when she bought the property.

But to answer the question they should be raising hen pheasants as well and releasing them around Alberta in areas with great cover and talk with local farmers and ranchers not to fill in ditches and leave windrows and some tall grass. When they used to small bale and stack them it made for excellent cover and overwintering for pheasants. Now big round bales don't provide the same cover.