View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger257 View Post
I hesitate to reply and not be eloquent enough to make my point clear. My point is in our sinful nature we compete with one another trying to get one step ahead of our neighbour thus causing war. If my line of thought is in contrast to the truth please explain more.
In your first post I was responding to the part I put in bold. To me it seemed out of character with your signature verse.

I agree that getting one step ahead of our neighbor instead of doing our best for our neighbor is the cause of all sorts of problems including war.

When the slaves were delivered from their bondage and set free in the promised land they made a covenant with you know who, and were given instructions on how not to ever become enslaved again and this included not allowing the enslavement of their neighbors. The book shows that the people fell short on their end of the deal.

There is always a choice to live in the world that He created and loved or live in the world that we have created.

Someone else later said give us food today and no debt for tomorrow. The person who said that was executed by a government that did not condone forgiveness of debt.

I do not think that getting ahead because of your neighbors misfortune is not what the Creator ever intended.

Sorry for my rambling, but I got carried away because this thread has not been shut down