View Single Post
Old 08-31-2020, 05:40 PM
AO Sponsor

I suspect FHA will post their bulletin for their sale. Your average will be very dependent upon section/colour/primeness/damage etc.

Dave Bosma ran the coyote sale, looked like he was having a great deal of fun with it. Well done Davey... as in Davey Boy the 2nd! Even a little conflict/drama today... nothing but fun. Bosma/Davey the 2nd did an exceptional job of conducting the sale, the most dramatic I have seen in a fur auction ever!

Prices lower than in the country and/or Online FHA sale this past winter, but we are in a whole new market. It is softer, therefore the market players are not nearly as desperate for goods. Dark colors are off in price in the western section and Eastern Canadian coyotes will need to have their valuations adjusted to reflect the market players's new taste/preferences... do note I am certain they are more than willing to continue using Eastern Canadian coyotes for parka trimming, but they now seem to want them at a lower level. Some Eastern Coyotes are impressive creatures, limited to the "(eastern) A-B" colours (not to be mistaken for western AB colour schemes) and they are fricking huge, therefore extra square inches = extra strips per pelt, same pelt tanning cost etc = good value but with slackened demand the easterns need to be let go cheaper... UNLESS the market bounces right back with a fury and higher valuation becomes valid again and auction house looks heroic! Do not count out the Russians next week.

Of course. all my opinions...

Western semis off, still decent demand on them, but noticeable lower prices.

Western Heavy darks... off/lower... significantly

I had a handful of skins in there and calculated my average, nothing fancy with a few train wrecks but 34 skins @ about $80 USD.( Not counting 1 red and 3 DGD, but does include 7 section 3)I missed a few lots at the beginning of the section 3 due to a text conversation with the Lacombe Superstar Trapper and a blonde moment when they announced redfox red kiyutes and I was scrambling to print off the ranch red fox.

Don't know anybody else who figured out their average.

Beaver, main interst was for winter prime beaver. Take them thru the ice and paid handsomely for them.

Rats seemed poor to me but Kingrat says they were good.

Fisher, cheap, the ones that moved.

Lynx a few went, not many. Cheap stuff flew off the shelf.. I think

Ranch fox, went very well, although price much lower than they need, but so many square inches of very useable fur

Red fox poor,

Silver Fox very good.

White fox, mediocre, probly higher than guys wanted to pay...

But and online internet sale with pictures for the whole world to participate in so stay tuned.

I thinkk the good wolves did very well. Do go wolf trapping... 5/64" and a #33 SuperMag with a new Senneker-Shock Lock!!!Just had to throw that in the mix.

Anybody want a new world order update???