View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 10:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sky View Post
I'm a regular shooter at my range and I don't remember ever seeing a rifle built off of a Howa or Vanguard action. I do see lots of rebarreled and restocked Remingtons.
Just how common are custom Howa's?
Anyone on here with a custom Howa or Vanguard?
I find with our smaller localized forum that Albertans can get behind a little on the times. Ie; getting everyone caught up on the 6.5 data, the 'precision rifle' trend and what it means now, so i knew a lot here might be missing out on a great action also and it was time to spread the word.

In that if you google rem 700 action vs howa 1500 and variations of that search you will see some fantastic tear down comparisons, videos and articles, they are very compelling to show many reasons or advantages to choosing the howa action over the rem 700 action going forward. When you see those things and that you can order these barreled actions readily (not sure if just actions only?, brownells now has the contract i understand) but the chassis manufacturers are inletting for them for awhile now etc., then it's compelling. Or even buy a used vanguard or howa rifle just as many do for the actions only on a 700.

It's sort of a modern take on the rem 700, i think an improved one also.

Sorry to the guys here already on it, but you're welcome to those who this information can benefit. Peace