View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 11:10 AM

Time to set a few facts straight. I'm dear friends with the outfitter of Big Tine Adventures and let me tell right now this guy puts in more time in his outfitting areas then probably any other outfitter in the business. It takes "year round" efforts ad commitments to locate big whitetails consistently. Keep in mind, he does get to do this for a living which allows him the time to do so. Hence Why He's Soooo Successful! People will always hate on the "Big Bad Outfitter" especially one that is successful. I've also seen local hunters who are successful year after year that get bashed by others for killing big deer legally, annually, and most point the finger at them for doing something wrong, not abiding by the rules, because how can someone harvest a big buck consistently every year legally right??? I called putting in TIME! Not hard to do so people. Why Be Jealous? Why Hate on A Person For putting in time, having a little luck on their side, being good at what he or she does regardless of being a outfitter or local hunter? And for the big buck he guided on November 27th...Straight WILD FREE RANGE BUCK That they had been after for 4 years now. And the white antler comments suggesting it must have came from a fence? That's funny!! It all depends what the bucks rub on. In this are where the bucks lived, like most of the area around Spirit River Farmland region it consist of Poplar and willow trees. Not a lot of Spruce and Pine to be found. And this buck was an ancient old buck and when they get 8-9 years old the tend not to rut and rub as hard as they once did. A local farmer found that bucks sheds in which were 250" the previous year fresh and were really light in color as well.
Now to set some fact straight on The So Called Poaching Ring or whatever the F*** you people are calling it these days. The media blew that way out proportion years ago. Yes he was originally charged with the sale of 150-170 old racks that he had collected for a 15+ year period, most of which would have been older then him! Consisted of small moose, elk, and deer racks that he pack-ratted home as a young boy from every dump, old farmyard, ditch and any other hand out he could get from old hunters in the area. Where and who ever came up with the 20+ B&C Racks must a wild imagination when he fabbed up that remark.He was approached by an undercover office to sell, and did so. His mistake for doing some thing illegal! He went to court, and at the end of it all "He Got Charged On TWO Counts Of Trafficing Wildlife" Meaning He got charged for selling "2" racks on a skull. Not 150-170 like you all say! Get your story straight people. He got a $5000 fine for each count and had to repay the crown $10,000 on money received on the sale of the antlers. And That's A Fact! I Was there in court that day when it all went down! He also lost his hunting license for a 6 year total period.
Never once has he been charge for a poaching offence! So where do you hatters out there get off by calling him a poacher? Is it again because he's successful at finding and killing big bucks, and bears that deems him to be one because he can successfully do this every year? Common people. Give your head a shake, why all the jealousy and hate towards a nice guy and a great outfitter guide? Blake asked me to write this for him as he is sick of the bashing and B.S that most of you insist on doing, he also want to thank the people who supported him, who actually Know him, and know what really all went on and what goes on, no just being some outside tuff guy speculator who writes up bogus accusations with zero proof on what they write and honestly don't have a clue what their even talking about. At the end of the day, he has a lot of supporters in what he does and will continue to plug away at being one of Alberta's top Outfitters today.
Keep rolling Blake!