View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg View Post
If a vaccine can save you from something that can kill you (polio) you take it. If its something that just makes you sick why bother. I had measles mumps and chicken pox as a kid and survived unharmed. No point in a vaccine for those diseases in my opinion. But its just one mans opinion. Feel free to flame away.
So as I stated measles kills outright, Rubella if allowed to become common again will start infecting pregnant women, which can cause severe birth defects.

Mumps is the closest to fitting your assesment of "just makes you sick" but if allowed to become common again can cause severe painful swelling of the testicles in adults infected for the first time.

So you were unharmed, but if your daughter or granddaughter were to have a child born with rubella syndrome? If your son or grandson has a baby who dies from measles. Could you face them knowing you in your grand wisdom, told them MMR vaccines are for sissies?

If you were contemplating painful swelling of your balls, you wouldn't be slipping down to the doc for a shot to avoid that? I happen to care a lot about my balls, don't know about you.

There's a saying that those who forget history are doomed to repeat it. Hard to believe, but we're watching it before our eyes.