Thread: Sheep Part 3
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 10:50 AM

I am all for trying to get some older rams on the mountain also. The problem I have with it is that it is very difficult to try and age these dark horned buggers on the hoof. Uphill, downhill 400 yards away.....I know many folks that have a hard go of it from up close. I have even been in a discussion a few years ago at the sportsman show where there were some sheep on display. The fellas in the booth were in a minor disagreement on the age of one of the rams. These guys should know their stuff. Both fellas had great points but both wouldn't agree with the other about one of the age rings.
I know we are talking more education to help with this stuff but it can lead to disaster for a fella, if a ram is shot at 7 instead of 8. Especially since they are both mature as it is.
So where does it all go from here? That's the big question. As for all the arguing that goes on here.....Is the government really listening? Are we going to alienate fellow or future sheep hunters only to have the government do as it wants as they tend to do with most stuff?