View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scel View Post
Oh man, with an 8wt, definitely get some Galloup streamers---sex dungeons, silk kitties, and circus peanuts.

If you are in Calgary, just visit one of the fly shops. Fish Tales will have everything you need. I am sure the other shops are good, Fish Tales has never let me down and they are only a few blocks away, so I almost never go to other shops. There is a price premium to buy in fly shops, but with a purchase, there is usually some advice.

Find Jim McLennan's Trout Streams of Alberta. It is a trade paperback, so slightly bigger than a small handbook, but it is a 'must read' for all aspiring trout anglers. It is filled with great info on the rivers and techniques, as well as hatch charts. If you can somehow get your hands on a copy of Barry Mitchell's "Alberta Trout Highway", you have struck pay dirt on the inside skinny for AB trout streams.

ive ordered the Jim Mclennans trout streams of alberta and wow with a little search on the web Barry mitchells book seems impossible to find. Im headed to Fish Tales in the next couple days for some new waders. Sims does customer orders so im going to try on a few pairs and see what fits properly and order a set. Im going to keep looking for that book though.