View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyT View Post
Sorry to offend all you wise men, with over 40 high end custom rifles and 40 plus years handling my rifles I have never been able to have one discharge on its own.Have had several factory rifles that have failed when the safety was released. Just so you know I did not come up with my method I was taught it by a ex military gent who has handled more firearms than any of you will do in 3 lifetimes. Have a. Nice day.
Yeah well guess what- just because
that guy was " ex military" doesn't
Mean he was some kind of firearms expert .
Try this out for size , take your bolt out and de-cock it and see what sticks out of the end - THAT is what your live round is resting on when you walk around with a round in the chamber de- cocked
Doesn't matter if if is a cock on opening like a '98 Mauser type or a cock on closing type like a '96 Mayser or an Enfield type - it's bloody dangerous period .
I know LOTS of true experts and real military types BTW and none of them carry a firearm like that of even advocate it.
If your firearm discharged when the safety cane off it was more than likely messed with by one of your called "expert" military buddies
Cat

Last edited by catnthehat; 04-16-2018 at 07:11 PM.