View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
Thanks for the offer, thats to far south for me. Even the southern part of 4 is getting to far south.

Why is there so few traplines for sale? I read that over 90% of crown land is registered traplines. But yet you put on a few thousand KM's on old snow in trapline country. And you see one or two sets off trapper tracks? A guy would think more would be for sale.
I do know that there is quite a number being held for whatever reason by the government that were taken back or given up by the trapline holder. As for myself, I don't do a lot until after hunting season is over, due to the heavy traffic over my trails if I open them, and then the interference of some 'hunters' with sets. That would explain why you don't see a lot of activity on some lines, and others are simply not trapped. Myself, I split up the trapline into thirds, so I only trap the same area every 3 years so as to allow fur rejuvenation. As for traplines for sale, I've seen a number of them listed in the back of the ATA magazine, and some on this forum. Just takes money.