Thread: RV must haves
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nast70 View Post
I will throw in have your significant other learn all the systems and procedures for breaking up camp, hooking up and driving. Never know when you might be sick or hurt bad enough that you can't do it.
I also bring a couple smaller foldable tables, one outside by the door with the dog leashes and a mosquito lamp. The other comes out for cooking or campfire time.
I don't have good functional levels on my rig, my wife just uses a small level on the wall, when i'm up on the blocks she tells me to stop.
We used to use hand held radios to communicate backing up, but find a couple simple hand gestures do the trick.
Pro Tip: Keep all the smaller things in containers that stack up neatly inside the trailers storage areas. Think about mosquito repellants and sunscreens in one container. All the kids toys and games in another. Makes packing up and unpacking much easier. everything has its spot and messes or spills are contained.
I will also throw in, keep your owners manual in the rig, read it and familiarize yourself with the manual overrides incase of malfunctions. Imagine your slide won't go in, or your landing gear wont go up.
We started out 8 years ago using radios (to keep the screaming over the diesel down to a minimum), but both the WD and I learned to "read" the campsite. Since then, she walks to the back of the campsite to where the back drivers corner of the trailer needs to be, and I back the trailer in so that the side of the trailer runs right down the middle of her chest. The only thing she flags me down is for low hanging branches and such that I'm not concentrating on.

J.