View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muledriver View Post
I looked through their site, and there is virtually nothing about hunting except apparently an article in their 2015 Canadian Alpine Journal. See index.

https://www.alpineclubofcanada.ca/we...5-88d675724e63
The Alpine Club does not support hunting, nor does it condemn it. Many members of the club hunt and fish but are members of the club for the simple reason it was meant for...Alpinism. AO does not have a baseball or golf discussion but I'm sure there are no qualms about it's members wishing to do so. As far as I know most of the huts are in national parks at the current time so I've never met some one on a hunt during my stay.
I had the opportunity a couple of weeks ago to stay in a remote area of Rogers Pass and join some fellow ACC members while skiing. Two of the four were parks workers and three of the four were hunters. There was a lot of wild game consumed that evening. I wish I had known more about the new hut going in the Castle area at the time because one of the members was involved in some part with how changes were happening under the current government.