View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 10:15 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by equanuck View Post
LOL! Notice you didn't comment on any of the distance shooting and state that you're an up close shooter.
The fact that you write about a client for a black bear hunt tells me that the shooter probably did not have a whole lot of experience. That your client could break both front legs, 1 shoulder, put a huge hole in the neck.... and you still had to finish it off confirms that they could not shoot!
Professional? NO! Born and raised Northern Alberta farmer / oilfield / hunter. Put more than a few animals down over 30yrs of hunting. Certainly not 1 or 2 lucky shots.
I have said many times that I am a 200 yards and less hunter.

You jump to a lot of false conclusions. The man was as experienced as any average hunter.
And it was not a Black Bear hunt. It was a Moose hunt, we happened upon a Bear and he had a tag. In fact it was his tenth annual Moose hunt with this outfitter.
I would not be the least surprised to find that he had taken as much or more game then you have.

You are right, he could not shoot with "that" gun. With other guns he was a crack shot. He was afraid of "that" gun. We called him Big Mike, stood 6'4" weighed in around 280. Not a little wimp, but afraid of that gun none the less.

And by the way, the words used in the OP were, potentially dangerous.
Deer can be dangerous. They have the potential.

Some would laugh at our so called dangerous game. Closest thing we have to dangerous game is Grizzly and last I heard Grizzly hunting is on a very limited basis right now. And it has been that way for a very long time.
Not a lot of folks get to hunt a Griz, legal.