View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post
Unfortunatly, all those so far who have stepped up to the plate FOR xbows, have done so with the mind sight that they believe that xbows open the door for more hunter oppoturnity.But come accross as jealous. Yet bow hunting has opened the door for hunter growth for years, and given equal oppoturnity to all to try.

Most bow hunters have lead the way in trying to resolve situations and problems with hunting it's self. ( i.e sunday hunting, your welcome). When the gun law came up, even though there are bow hunter that don't touch rifles, I didn't hear a single person say, skrew them guys, it doesn't affect me I'm voting against!! We stood behind the gun population.

An intresting situation is arising, that I am seeing. None here FOR xbows is actually an exclusive Xbow hunter. I have yet to find posted on A.O a confirmed big game Xbow kill, during the hunting season....WHY? Does no one who argues for them use them. So why argue for something like that? The oppoturnity to form a club, or brotherhood of xbow hunters has not started. There fight is based on the hard work of other organization, and lick a tick have tried to hang on and suck the blood out of these hard fighting organizations.

If an xbow club, spent the time(years) the money (thousands) and the political channels like other hunting facits have, then they to would have earned a right to speak. But until we stop talking about a rifle like weapon, with no real following or actual members, I believe this should be a mute topic. Start where the bow hunting community started, gain some members, contribute more to hunting, like bowhunters pay, and work your way up to a level where you might have a case.

Most bowhunters are united in saying that:
-They are not a bow
-They shouldn't have the same season as Bows have
-They shouldn't be allowed in 212,248, and 410

-They should have there own season (perhaps a primitive weapons season in dec for two weeks)
-Bow hunters would be happy (they wouldn't lose everything they fought for)
-A chance for hunter growth would be generated
-An extended hunting season would benefit everyone

Heck I might even buy one if it meant I could hunt in rifle zones in december for 2 weeks!

Would that not be a great solution to everyones needs?????
Um ok.... So no luck with finding FACTS?

I did a little googleing over lunch and found a few articles. Really hard to find Canadian ones though.

Good one here, and the author uses FACTS.

http://hunting.about.com/od/arch/l/aa020716a.htm

Conclusion from the article:

Quote:
In my opinion, the most conclusive evidence that crossbows can be successfully used alongside other archery equipment comes from the very state that opponents point to in warning... Ohio. There, hunters are actually preferring crossbows over other bows, but are experiencing the same (or very similar) success rate regardless of their choice of archery equipment. That sounds like a win-win situation to me.

There has been no wholesale slaughter of the deer population in Ohio. Crossbow hunters are not wiping out the herd while other bowhunters languish and sing the blues. Each season, more deer are being taken, which means greater hunter success is being attained, and there's plenty of game for everyone. Folks who like vertical bows are using them alongside crossbow hunters, and both are enjoying success.

Considering the evidence, and the equally compelling fact that there are folks who would like to carry crossbows in the woods during archery season, I don't see any reason whatsoever to keep crossbows out of the archery season based on the arguments covered in this article. Other factors, such as possible effects on the deer population, must be considered in any given case, but that's another matter entirely.
Hard to find Canadian article
http://articles.outdoorcanada.ca/Hom...n258049p1.html

Unbiased
http://archery2009-blog.blogspot.com...crossbows.html

Thats all I have time for today.