Thread: Toyo rt
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 11:56 PM

I'm running them on my 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 in 35x12.5x18. Honestly not my first choice as this truck is my commuter vehicle between provinces for work, but I use it for a variety of outdoor activities. I'm a huge fan of the Open Country M/T's that I have on my Jeep and have nothing but rave reviews, but the Rugged Terrains are somewhat of an oddball tire. It's tread design is somewhat of a mild mud tire/ aggressive all terrain? I had my doubts but I got an exceptionally good price on them.
I had them mounted in early December to replace the obligatory Duratracs I had worn out over 2 years. The Toyos required very little weight to balance. I put over 600 kms a week on them with no noticeable vibration to speak of. There's a little hum at highway speeds, but nothing objectionable . I was skeptical about their snow and ice performance, as it wasn't designed for the task, but I've honestly driven on some sketchy highways in the prairies of Alberta and Saskatchewan to long sweeping mountain passes of BC with nary a complaint. Surprisingly surefooted!
The tires are bereft of any real siping but have done better than expected with only a modicum of weight in the back throughout the winter.
I sincerely wanted to hate these tires because I don't like the way they look but I've got over 6000 kms on them and there's no uneven wear(regular tire rotation every month) and the performance exceeded my expectations.

Hope this helps