View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 08:14 PM

Default hunting opportunities and hunting partners

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerman1995 View Post
I just moved to Calgary from Prince Albert Saskatchewan and I hunted allot in the Provincial forest there but I can't seem to find any Public lands that would be good hunting. Would anyone know of anyone or somewhere I could kill a few coyotes?

Thanks
First off. Welcome to Calgary! I hope you turned the lights out in Saskatchewan on your way out! Just kidding!

I too am a noob to the forum here, but have really found the content and members to be supportive of each other, engaging and insightful.

I've spent most of my 45 years in Calgary, hunted for about 35 of those but spent most of that time hunting out in Central Alberta.

I own a horizontal drilling engineering company in Calgary and have found that those obigations are keeping me close to town and I too have just begun to try and source out some yote hunting around the city.

Most definitely, it's about building relationships and trust just like finding new hunting partners!

I would always welcome the chance to meet fellow hunters over a coffee and see if schedules and hunting expectations align.

There are great opportunities for outdoor pursuits in this province. It just takes a bit of time and a little patience.

Cheers,
FMJ