View Single Post
Old 11-22-2018, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgz View Post
You’re going fishin for your honeymoon? Wow you hooked a good one there!!! But seriously someone mentioned Montana. I would stay in whitefish and make the drive to Flathead lake. Whitefish is dirt cheep as far as lodging and meals go so the savings in that should outweigh the license costs. It’s also an amazing and romantic town if you’ve never been there. This way you have the fishing and you also get to stay in a nice little mountain town for your honeymoon. Flathead has a late freeze up though so you would have to go later in the year. There’s also guides you can hire out there but that would probably put you above budget.
We honeymooned in the Dominican, and wanted to fish while there. Prepaid for a day trip, but it was canceled due to weather. Hooked a good one for sure, loves to fish and is as good looking as they come

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathersanddust View Post
lake newell hands down. cant keep anything but there's the chance of catching a 25-30lbs pike
I grew up in Brooks, so Newell wouldn't be much of a trip. Love the fishing, but it doesn't offer much for scenery!

I think we're going to rent a cabin through goatmountain.ca. Stay two nights and fish two of Beaver Mines, Beauvais and Butcher.