View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 09:09 PM

Default help with data

I have a question about all the data that is published in the manuals or on line. Can I take the data from the Sierra book and plunk a Berger bullet in place of the Sierra.

This is what I'm looking at: I'm looking at working up some loads for my son and myself for our 222's and picked up a few of those 12 bullet sample packs at the local store, one of which was a Berger 52 grain Match Varmint. Berger doesn't have any data available on line and the local store doesn't have their book. I would like to try these bullets but it is unlikely that I'll get to the city to find the book any time soon. So. Sierra has a listing for a 50/52 grain bullet (their Ballistic Tip, CT Ballistic Tip, Custom Competition, Nosler FBHP and FBSP). Can I use the Berger bullet with this data? I also picked up some 50 and 55 grain Ballistic Tips as well I have some Hornady 50 grain SP. Figured I'd load a bunch and see what works best in either gun. Last time we went to the range I brought four boxes of shell with me thinking that would be plenty and had to buy more!

One other piece - the BC of the Nosler is .220 and the Berger is .197, if that makes a difference.

Last edited by PartTimeHunter; 08-29-2013 at 09:11 PM. Reason: forgot something