View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 07:02 PM

Sunday was a windy one. Get out bright and early though. First one on the ice. Pull the cord on the auger...nothing...and nothing....and nothing........sigh. I think it is actually the switch but I'll get it tuned up anyways. 8 years, no issues before this.

So I head in search of holes and find some. I jumped around on previous holes and marked fish but nothing. Waited out there until the stores were open can called around. Ended up going with another 10 inch. This one was in the Bargain Cave at Cabelas for $400 - Eskimo Z51. I really wanted the Z71 but read good things about the 51.

I travelled around Pigeon on the way back and did some exploring on other places to get on. And yes, Grandview is locked in with heaves. Got back out to where I started. Fire up the auger and it turns over on the 2nd pull. Cuts like a friggen dream to. Lighter than my Jiffy and smooooooooth.

Start fishing and I mark a big mark. It is moving fast and I look down to see a big white inhale the hook. A real nice fight. Hand fought the fish for about 5 of the 7 minutes. Got it in and landed. A nice fat 5 lber!
Way to save the day