View Single Post
Old 06-24-2017, 08:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
The point being, that the dogs will wake me before anyone even reaches the house, so I will have at least some time to wake up and realize what is going on. The more stealthy that the thief is trying to be the more time that I will have. As to missing with pepper spray, I can pretty much fog a room, and unless you have goggles and a respirator on, it will likely still have some effect, and you will be dealing with the three dogs at the same time. As to dispatching three dogs with three quick shots, they are quick, and you would have to be a very good shot to hit three fast moving targets with three shots in poor light. Perhaps military special forces or SWAT trained people could manage this, but most home intruders likely haven't had that type of training. And with three dogs barking, any thief with a clue is going to retreat rather than continue on with the element of surprise gone, and the homeowners likely calling 911. And if he is stupid enough to try and shoot my dogs and continue into the house instead of retreating, the gunshots will give me reason to believe that myself and my family are in danger, and I will forget the pepper spray and go with a shotgun instead, take a defensive position, and aim for the head of anyone that approaches me.
you mean the shotgun that is locked in your case, or locker and the ammo separated like your supposed to by law in Canada?

Reality about the pooches.

I'm in your garage.

It's 3 am and you have had a long week at work.

You will just tell them to be quiet, so you can get back to sleep.

Won't be until morning that you notice that I have your truck .