View Single Post
Old 10-12-2019, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoiledsaskhunter View Post
thanks for the reply, but i wonder if you'll help me here..........how is it the labour cost seems higher because you would have had to pay double for the parts?

is labor cost @ 8.5 hours not pretty straight forward? not trying to be a dick here, just trying to understand.
I see what your saying. It's not adding up. They had on there quote 8.5 hrs, I think that they may have increased the labor rate because of working with 10 exhaust bolts on the turbos. If just one bolt were to break or strip it could add a couple hrs to remove it.
I just about striped one bolt head myself but lucky that it did come out. If not I would have had to weld a nut to it and try to get it out. With the heat and cool cycles they are miserable to remove as well as the location of a couple are not very easy to get at. They are were almost welded in place because of the exhaust heat. Your very limited on how long of a wrench you can use on them too so that made less force you could put on them. On one bolt you could only move the ratchet one click at a time. On another you had to alternate the wrench one tooth at a time. A very good Torx 47 is needed as well, lucky a buddy had a good snap-on one because a cheaper quality one would have striped.

It's not a nice job to do. The you tube video's make it look easy but it's not.

Gonna get me a 16" perch.