View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 08:39 AM

On the bear thing - there are three recognized species in North America. I was under the impression that this is quite clear so I'm not sure why this is even a point of discussion or debate really ...

Brown - which includes the Kodiak (or commonly referred to Alaska brown) and Grizzly (and a long list of other local subspecies)

Black - (and a long list of local subspecies including the Kermode as previously mentioned)

Polar - which is a recent derivative half million years ago if I recall correctly (or split through adaptation and subsequent evolution) from the host branch of the brown family. The mtDNA is over 98% distinct in all localized group with the exception of one geographical area (and island or peninsula or something I don't remember) where there has likely been cross breeding with browns.

This scientifically clear. Each species can be easily, readily and accurately analysed with clear and concise distinction.

Further to that point, and the connection to this thread, as it relates to the "credibility" of evolution ........

This is a perfect example of how a new species may be formed through evolution.

Last edited by EZM; 06-14-2017 at 08:48 AM.