View Single Post
Old 04-23-2016, 08:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipco View Post
A number of years ago I helped a friend install signage on a number of Grazing Reserves all the way from Rocky Mountain House area up to High Prairie. The basic message to OHV users, hunters and fisherman was "use respect" along with other common sense phrases like "keep gates closed" etc, etc.

I just spoke to that same friend the other day and it sounds like it's in the works for the Province to potentially want 30-40 signs replaced. The signs were 4' X 8' or 5' X 10' signs on 4" X 4" p.t. or metal posts. Many of the signs have been damaged beyond recognition along with fences and property.

The new basic message will be "OHV USERS- STAY OUT."

Apparently, a number of quadders either didn't read the signs or couldn't play by the rules. TOTAL BAN.

I'm personally very pleased to hear that they may totally ban OHVs on the reserves and not the least bit surprised after seeing some of the damage for myself. Now, (one can dream) it will only be a matter of time for the rest of the Province to follow suit.

Stan
Ya don't think that there might be a bear or two between RMH and GP that'd destroy one or two of those signs do you?
Nah, it had to have been quaders because.....well, just because.
Wow!