View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 10:46 PM
Banned

For those of you who want a line and a cabin, so bad you can taste it, I know EXACTLY how you feel. Bin there, done that. I was junior on 3 diff lines b4 an older trapper, whose wife didn't want him out there by himself any more, told me that when his time would come, I would be able to take over his line, for a price of course. Sorry to say, but he went to that big line in the sky, b4 I wanted him to. ON the earlier lines I was on, I was there as a bush man, cutting and slashing it, if you catch the drift. If one is residing in a trapping area, it is not that difficult to junior up, even if it is more of a "bushman", but at least getting a foot in the door. But if one does not live in this kind of setting, then it is hard for someone to take on a junior cuz one can not do what is required in one or two days a week, not including travel time to and from your area. I could use help on my line, but unless one is available when I need that person, it's not prob gonna happen. If that person wanted to tag along in the summer time when I'm prepping, that's another matter.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that....it's too bad every one couldn't have their spot in paradise....but bringing in all this frkg REGULATION that some think is the answer...is only going to make it worse and those with the BIG BUCKS will still have their way and those remaining will be filling out paper work from a desk bolted to the back of their skandic every 6 hours, just like a truck driver and their log books.. something like George Orwell in 1984....and if we don't give our heads a shake it will happen in our time...the process is almost in place for it to take place ..

For those of you wanting a line.....get it....but not at someone elses expense by regulating your way to get it...that is SELF SERVING, and there is far to much of that out there now... Take Care...