View Single Post
Old 06-16-2021, 07:28 PM

Question New bow hunter has some questions!

Hey everyone, as the title says I am new to the bow hunting world, I just turned 18 and am able to go out with the bow for myself this season, but I would like to get some opinions on my setup before I get ahead of myself. I am currently shooting an old hand me down Browning micro Midas. It was my uncles range bow a long time back that he occasionally took out for small game. I have the draw weight set at 45#’s, at 27 inches, and have shot it on occasion at the farm. I am going to begin practicing with it more frequently on the weekends. It currently has some crappy little pins on it so I would be investing in a new sight. I also have some older Easton 2117 arrows with solid 3 “ridge?” Tips. The area I am hunting will be majority whitetail with the possibility of a mule deer. I have been involved in hunting since my first years on this earth, and since being able to hunt have harvested 5 whitetail, 2 mule deer, and a moose between my .243 and my 6.5 Creedmoor. I am more then patient with waiting for the correct shot, so shot placement should not be an issue. I am wondering if this is an adequate setup to go for my first archery whitetail, so I can determine wether I enjoy it and want to spend the money on a nicer setup. Any feed back is appreciated. Thank you for your time!

Last edited by jungleboy; 01-01-2024 at 09:39 AM.