View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhogger View Post
Since I'm not a gunsmith, I can't comment on whether or not I think it's safe to use as-is. However, other than this issue..the gun is exactly what you're after, correct?

My opinion? Contact Kimber next with all the relevant info. including the serial #. Have good photos of the compromised area ready to send too. I can't imagine Kimber wants guns (with what sounds like a material flaw, but could be a manufacturing error) out there that are anything but safe/properly functioning, etc. I'd approach them on the assumption they'll stand behind this and get that bolt replaced for you, but whether or not they'd need the gun (likely) is there...? I'd also ask them if they sent replacement parts, could you get a qualified gunsmith in Canada fit them? (do they have a preferred, warranty-service gunsmith IN Canada?) If you need it for the upcoming hunting season, then press Kimber about turn-around time and if that doesn't sound good, then ask whether or not the gun is safe to use until after the fall..THEN it can be dealt with.

If you come out of that process with a plan, I'd look at whatever costs you're likely to incur (shipping, at least) and then decide if it's worth approaching the guy you bought it from and see if he's receptive to chipping-in after hearing what's it's going to take to remedy the situation.
This.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."