View Single Post
Old 09-08-2016, 01:53 PM

Hello all!

I'm in the same situation as Dusty in that I've been visiting and reading these forums for some time now before signing up. Even after creating an account I took to doing a lot of reading and learning. Even more so after signing up. It's become a bit of an obsession as of late, actually

Born and raised in Alberta. I currently work in Edmonton as a business analyst (started life as a software developer), but enjoy every possible opportunity to pack up and get out of the city. I took the hunters education course back when I was in junior high school when it was offered as a supplement to the curriculum. Not sure if it still is, but if it isn't, it most definitely should be. I took a few years break due to a family illness but am very thankful to be back at it again. Some of my fondest memories are packing up with my dad (and now nephews) to head out and do a bit of hunting. Recharge a bit. Get back in touch. We're extremely fortunate in that we have some close friends who grant us access to their land during the season, but we're hoping to venture out a little bit further this year and explore other parts of the province a little bit. Hoping to go for Whitetail (east and west of Edmonton) and Elk (west and north) if all goes according to plan. Would love to try at Moose as well, but we'll see how that all works out this season. If not this year, then hopefully next.

This site is an absolute treasure trove of information and am very grateful for all the helpful information and for having such a supportive and engaged community. Really looking forward to getting back into the swing of things and wish everyone all the best for the upcoming season!!!