View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 10:12 AM

Default reloading f@$k ups

hello folks im new to the this fourum and this topic caught my eye so thought i should share this one for the newbies (or anyone with unresolved pressure issues!!)

i have only been reloading for a little over 2 years and in the first year i had to replace the stock on my 7mm rem mag ! I read the instructions for my new reloading kit quite thoughrly but missed one thing. I jumped straight to the charge whieght without zeroing my scale and i was using max loads because i have reloaded with buddies for this same rifle same load but i was ued to there electric powder mesure and i had to use old school blance scale do to finacial constraints (aka the wife) the consistant over loads eventually split my stock behind the reciever !!! I caught it as a crack so there was no catastaufic failure i now have a coil book with a list of learned to do's i follow everytime i reload .Some simple stuff that seems trivial so one tends to forget like the book missreads some of u mention i put a piece of paper with calibre,bullet wieht, and powder charge on page i am using so if i close the book for more space i simply have to go to bookmark flip open everything is there and i can cross check max loads etc. to the book ata glance !!