View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. Gusto View Post
pfffff. I hate these threads, always ending up in the same place at the end........kennel blindness.

Saying that field trialing is not hunting or retriever trialing is not like hunting is ridiculous. Coverdog trials are all pretty much held in wild grouse and woodcock woods. The majority of the time the winner is the dog with the most finds. Here in the prairie its the same thing, the Dominion, Sask Chicken Championship, Broomhill, Circle Montana etc etc are all held on wild birds. Usually its the dog with the most finds and the dog that shows no quit and hunts the entire time out.
Retriever trials, you've got great dogs with above average marking ability and speed and brains to win.
ALL THAT TRANSLATES TO HUNTING

Covey Ridge I do know what your talking about and have seen it first hand, this is almost always at throw down trials. On wild bird trials different story.

So like I said, if you want to see real stats look at competition events. If the dog cant get it done, its not bred. HUGE money at stake and people are breeding to win it. This competition is also why imo it will turn people off. But that's another story.
I guess my experiences, conversations with field trialers, etc. over the past 40 plus years are just ridiculous then.