View Single Post
Old 03-23-2024, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
That worked slick as heck, and it is the bottom cable on mine too. So much nicer shifting it into reverse now.

I also got a new winch button and controller on the way for the Warn A2000 winch. The old twist style 36015 type controller is getting pretty tired and loose from raising and lowering the plow all the time, so time to upgrade it and get the button up onto the handlebars. They don't make the old controller anymore so direct replacement isn't an option. The kit also makes the winch into a 2500 LB model, though it never lacked power at 2000.

Putting a pulley on the plow and removing the long winch cable and using a ten foot length of ratchet strap webbing for rope has really saved a lot of wear and tear on the winch as well as the roller farelead. The pulley and tying the webbing to the front rack means it halves the up and down speed, making it far easier to control and also reduces the weight of the plow hanging from the winch line and pulling on the winch, in the up position, by half.

You just saved me from needing to buy a new second Quad just for easier plowing. Thanks a bunch.
After all the great advice you've given, I'm glad to be able to help you out for a change.
Although a brand new quad would have been nice too..

Your idea with the ratchet strap sounds slick. The few times I've used the plow on mine I hated lowering it. The giant bang onto the pavement always jarred the bones, and the ears.