View Single Post
Old 03-21-2024, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFitter View Post
I tried CCI SV, 3 different Eley varieties from $10-22 a box, and some S&B Canadian Match, in a fairly recent purchase. CCI SV was probably the worst of what I tried in that rifle, but it's the best in the wife's 22lr. I havent tried the $22 Eley Team in hers, but with a slightly gusting 15-20km 3/4ish value wind, I was 5/8" groups at 50 yards. I havent shot much through it yet.

Lot testing is very important with precision in mind, but CCI SV seems to be the bottom level of competition grade ammo for a lot of people. I'd use it in a pinch for the ORPS series on any target except the KYL racks which are at 25 yards. ORLS only goes out to 100 yards, typically with a 6" round plate out that far.
I'd use them for gophers as well.
NRL22 events, shooting 200+ yards, I'm using Eley Team or better. I can't find any SK locally, but I want to try that as well. Even Long Range Match seems to go for $11-13 a box.
That's interesting. I commented the way I did because I was wondering whether or not there were unrealistic expectations on ammo in the $6/50 price range. I haven't shot 22 for months and the last few times I did, I was shooting SK Rifle Match and CCI Velocitor. Haven't been paying much attention to CCI SV, but always have it with me.

Is the consensus that something has slipped with QC?