Thread: Rem. 710
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 02:36 PM
-NDN-

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda450 View Post
There is a very good reason why they are under $400 with a scope. Do some research on them on the internet. Coyote.........long distance does not = 710. You will be doing alot of guessing with a 710, everytime you pull the trigger.

i disgree 100%........

i took a 710 of a dude's hands in mint shape for a handful of handtied flies........ i thought, "yuck" what scope should i put on it, i figured with it being so stinkin ugly, that a empty toilet paper roll would do. But no, i just slapped on a Bushnell Trophy............

went to the range and was amazed. Fusion 130 grainers, and it was cloverleafing 3 shots at 100yards. couldnt believe it. eventually after alot of shooting, it opened up, i cleaned, the first shot had a flyer, then it was back to shooting sweet groups.

the earlier ones......have a bad rap on the bolt handle, as it takes alot of force to get the bolt to close. the later models are fine. The barrel is press fit so if some how some freak of nature you actually shoot out a barrel in a 710.... you cant really just replace it like a model 700.

they are freakin uglyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!! they feel like crap, ive had a better grip on my wifes tupperware lunch containers

i sold it for over $400 well over i just couldnt own a rifle this ugly, just had to shoot something with it before i sold it. but like i said, i didnt pay cash for the rifle

serious though man......go buy the newer rem 770, its the 710's ugly sister, it is a little better on the eyes, bit better built, but the bolt is still a b!tch to close

Last edited by -NDN-; 12-21-2007 at 02:38 PM. Reason: to make you ask questions