View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slough shark View Post
Newell was 14 in reddleback bay good black ice last Saturday, almost needed a diaper though with all the cracking and heaving going on. Be careful of the big heave going out from the campground, saw the lake pushing up ice and water spraying in the air from a fair distance away, sounded like a thunderstorm.

Lol, diapers. That and a AED Defibrillator to restart the heart. I had one last week start near me, go right under me, and I could hear it continue at Mach 6 to the far end of the lake, say 3 km.
Without much snow the lakes seem to heat up more, and then crack, maybe? Can’t say I’ve seen a geyser, that would be a sight to see..... from a safe distance.
I took a friend and his GF out one day and she was freaked out the entire time. Sure enough a big azz crack goes right near us and she just about went through the top of my tent. Her scream made her sound like she was being stabbed to death.
Man it was hard not to laugh. To her credit, she regained composure and fished on.